Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the best batting line up says the mastre

On the batting line-up: I would definitely say this is the best Indian batting line-up. We got almost five or six guys who can clear the ropes at will. If you have a good four or five overs in a row, we could end up scoring 50-plus runs. At the back of our minds, we know that with such an explosive line-up no target is impossible.

On his first 100 in NZ in 19 years : I started opening in 1994 here and got close to it around that period. The next tour was actually 2002-03 where I missed out on a few matches because of an ankle injury. I have not played that many number of games here. I got close to scoring hundreds here, but didn't manage to. It is better late than never.

On opting out of T20: I opted out of the T20 teams as I felt I wasn't in a position to give my best and my body was not ready for it. The guys went and played brilliantly, and I don't want to change that momentum.

On getting 50 hundreds: I am enjoying the game. I just want to go out and enjoy my game and not have targets. While doing that if it happens, well and good. The most important factor is to keep enjoying my game and keep winning matches for India.

On 2011 World Cup: As I said earlier I want to enjoy my game. That is still some time away. At this moment, I want to concentrate on this tour. We'll see what happens later.

No comments:

Post a Comment